GFWC members can’t always be physically present to assist and make changes in countries around the world; however, members can be assured the donations made through our partnership agencies are reaching those in the greatest need. There are countless ways to support global development and make a lasting difference.
Consider raising cultural awareness; celebrating ethnicities; conducting fundraising activities to support healthy child development; advocating for basic human needs such as food, water, clothing, and education; and promoting self-sufficiency.
Half of the world’s population, over two billion people, lives on less than $2.00 a day and 21,000 children die each day due to poverty, hunger, and easily preventable dis-eases. GFWC encourages our clubs to reach beyond their own communities to the global community to make a lasting difference in the lives of children, their families,
- Help children all over the world by funding life-saving vaccines.
- Participate in international cultural exchanges.
- Educate your club and community about major issues and challenges facing people in developing countries.
- Support the development of healthy and sustainable communities around the world.
- Ensure children have access to health, education, equality, and protection.
- Provide support and encourage growth and sustainability by donating gifts such as livestock to families in need.
- Educate members about United Nations programs concerning women and children.
- Promote legislation in support of human rights around the world.
- Provide members with direct service opportunities for persons in developing countries through our program partners. (Heifer International, Operation Smile, Shot@Life, UNICEF)
- Help ensure that children and families have access to clean water by providing wells.
- Make and send pillow-case dresses to Little Dresses for Third World Countries.